1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When You Get Back ( From Hols!)

Discussion in 'HRSC Suggestions' started by BrianH, Jul 10, 2014.

1. BrianH

BrianH Highly Respected Member

Would it be possible at some stage to add 'Months' as a variable. I occasionally add certain trainers who produce good results for certain types of race/ horse but only over certain months. As we build up a history of years, it would be helpful to select those months in order to get Max DD, ROI, etc.

2. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

That shouldn't be too difficult to implement (famous last words! :) ). I'll look into it when I get back.

3. Ratz4Racing

Am working on this right now. Will just be doing it "live" so you'll probably see things going a bit wonky for the next 24 hours or so.

BrianH likes this.
  4. phuket

phuket Highly Respected Member

Would it be possible to show Apprentice allowance on the Ratzcard ?

also a separate Apprentice search facility in HRSC ? :)

5. Ratz4Racing

Sure. I'll stick a broom up my arse and sweep up while I'm at it. :D

It's all possible Phuket - the usual caveats apply, though. :)

phuket likes this.
  6. phuket

7. Ratz4Racing

In all seriousness, I only have one update in mind for HRSC in the foreseeable future and it's a big one... I'm not even sure that I'll be able to manage it but if I can do it, then I think users will like it.

I'm implementing Brian's suggestion because, from a programming point of view, it's very similar to the DAY filter so it really hasn't been too difficult to implement... most of the coding is already there, it just needed tweaking a little.

I've had a few suggestions of late which are more along the lines of a "system builder" type thing which was never what HRSC was supposed to be about.

To include Apprentive stuff would require a whole new trawl through all previous data as well as implementing it for the future and it then becomes a fairly major task because of the sheer amount of data already held in the HRSC databases.

In short... don't hold your breath although I may be able to do the Ratzcardz thing.

phuket likes this.
  8. phuket

In short... don't hold your breath although I may be able to do the Ratzcardz thing. :blue:

if anyone is into following Jockeys or Trainers its worth noting the top 2/3 rated on the Ratzcard especially if appearing in two or more races.
    then drilling down a bit further in the Universal area, a bit time consuming but some interesting results H/cps and Non H/cps including place only.

9. BrianH

BrianH Highly Respected Member

Thanks Andy for including the months filter. I will have a trainer, P.Kirby, coming up for Aug/Sept and will post selections and results. I hope to research some more soon!.
    Also thanks for speeding up the entry system. I often felt like saying something but didn't. It's super quick to input

Steve likes this.
  10. Ratz4Racing

No probs and I look forward to seeing the fruits of your trainer research.

As for the speed of the SEA... I've known for some time that it was ridiculously and painfully slow because until I wrote that script I asked you to use while I was away, I was using the SEA to input WH sels every day (and you well know how many sels there can be for that system on some days). I inwardly groaned whenever I saw that there were 20+.

I might just have to tweak it a little because at the moment, it doesn't really do anything to let you know you've clicked a horse until it appears on the right of the screen and it feels a little weird. :)

11. Steve

Steve Admin Does Stuff

Starter for 10 - David O'Meara Turf Handicaps in August

12. phuket

Thanks for adding the Apprentice allowance to the Ratzcard - working perfectly :cheers:

13. Ratz4Racing

Good! :)

14. phuket

Welcome Back Andy :)

What do you see as the next addition to the Ratzcards ?

maybe Going Symbols

15. Ratz4Racing

Wouldn't be too hard...

16. phuket

Wouldn't be too hard...:blue:

Amazing what you can build up over time.

17. Ratz4Racing

This is the problem, though... it becomes a never-ending job. There's always "one more thing" to be added.

Incidentally, what exactly do you mean by "Going Symbols"?

It will be easy to put the going on the cards (or, at least, the last going status report taken by HRSC) but... symbols???

18. phuket

:) what I'm talking about is Going Symbols for each Horse

e.g. if the horse has won previously on Soft it would have a Symbol next to its name S
    firm : F etc

maybe not so easy then ?

19. Ratz4Racing

Ahhh... I'm with you now... hmmm.... it's easy to do but it will have an effect on what are already getting to be slow-loading cards.

20. phuket

that's good its easy to do :blue:

I think its def a worthwhile addition to the cards , being able to read all that info at a glance
    especially with all the soft ground around at the moment !

obviously a horse can run well on the surface without winning, but as they get a few miles on the clock they usually like it one way or the other. :clap: