1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts, aims and things.

Discussion in 'Forum Philosophy' started by Ratz4Racing, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

I've been using the internet since around 1995 and during that time, I have participated in several discussion boards but this is the first time that I've ever actually ran one myself.

I hope that what I have learned from my experience as a forum user will enable me to do a half-decent job of maintaining this one, though.

The life-blood of any good forum is its users. For this reason, I would like to think that all users on here will treat each other with respect, courtesy and appreciation.

Generally speaking, I don't wish to impose too many rules regarding conduct on here. This is primarily a betting forum and so all users should be adults and so should be expected to behave like adults.

Forums often degenerate when people treat them as playgrounds and say things behind the wall of anonymity the internet provides which they would not normally say in a real-life, face-to-face situation.

I would like to think that all users will ask themselves "Would I say this to the person's face?" prior to saying anything that is likely to cause offense or World War 3.

If things do get heated, my best advice is to log out for a little while. Give yourself a cooling-off period and go do something else.

My main aims for this place is for it to be enjoyable, educational, informative, profitable and generally beneficial for everyone.

If it ever stops being that for anyone, something has gone wrong.

Until then, I'll be doing everything I can to make this a happy and vibrant community but I cannot do it without your help and co-operation.

Thank you for reading and enjoy the forum.

markb, Honcho, Stokie and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.