1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Testing Area Display Change

Discussion in 'HRSC Updates' started by Ratz4Racing, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

Some of you will now have systems with thousands of bets in them and you might have noticed that the output in the System Testing Area display can take a long time to display the output. Sometimes it will even "time out" and produce an error.

For this reason, I have now changed the basic output to show only the Summary if your system contains more than 3,000 selections.

I will be working over the next couple of days to extend this to Presets and other areas.

You should find that this produces the output you're looking for must faster because the page isn't trying to load all the output which I'm sure you rarely read in depth anyway.

phuket likes this.
  2. phuket

phuket Highly Respected Member

No Doubt you are working away in the background Andy

just like to bring to your attention - when you set minimum for low price - it is not working :)

3. Ratz4Racing

It wouldn't be an update if I didn't completely break everything in the process.

It's working ok now?

Still working on this but if you have a preset with more than 5,000 bets in it, you'll see the new style Monthly Breakdowns which is formatted how I always wanted it to be displayed.

This will be rolled out over the new few days.

Also, I will be making it so that you can set in your Preferences at which point you want the Summary Only version to be displayed. Some people might just prefer to have it display even if only one bet in the system and not only when 5,000 bets.

4. phuket

Working O.K. now

Will be good to catch up with one or two systems - Well h/cp etc without over loading the computer !

5. Ratz4Racing

Yeah, this is why I've done this. It seemed a good idea at the start to produce full outputs of selections but I didn't really expect there to be tens of thousands in some systems! :)

I've just noticed that the PLR figure seems to be wrong so I'll have to look into that tomorrow.

6. Ratz4Racing

OK. PLR figure has now been fixed.

Also, you can now choose your own "cutoff" point for the new Summary from within the Preferences Area (default is 3000 bets).

7. Robbie

Robbie Highly Active Member

Hi Andy..not sure if it would complicate matters .. is it possible to implement a switch that lets me ON/OFF the cut Cutoff point without having to go in an out of the Preferences area.

Actually .. no.. thinking about it what fit my needs is a "Yesterday results" for each preset or a quick way to laod certain dates (From-To) without having to wait for all the selections to load before selecting dates on the amin filter window. ..

Apologies.. English isn't my first languege so hope I explained prooperly and not confused you..

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  8. Ratz4Racing

Hi Robbie,

I know what you mean.

The Presets probably do need their own "Just Today" type links. I could perhaps put a "Recent" link on the main System Testing Area page which will display the last 2-3 days for each Preset.

BrianH likes this.
  9. Robbie

Sounds good to me

10. Ratz4Racing

OK Robbie. This has now been implemented.

If you go into your Preferences, you can now select any number of days as "Recent" from 0-7 (with 0 being to show "Just Today"). The Default is 2 (so that's today and the previous two days).

The Overview part of the System Testing Area now includes "Recent" links next to the Preset links.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

EDIT: I've also implemented the idea for Overall System outputs.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  11. Robbie

That's seems great to me Andy..implemented nicely...,.Thank you again for all the effort you put in and for listening to our requests...

phuket likes this.
  12. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

not being negative Andy and it's great that you try and please folks but from a purely personal view i think the test page is beginning to look a bit messy just my humble opinion

13. Ratz4Racing

What, with the new Summary and the new Monthly Breakdowns or the main System Testing page with all the new "Recent" links?

Must admit that the new test page does look a bit "busy" and probably needs to be toned down a touch.

I do prefer the output, though. Be honest, who actually looked through thousands or even hundreds of individual bets on a regular basis?

I could probably put the summary back to how it was (over on the right) and put the monthly breakdowns in the middle in a less colourful format.

Not today, though.

14. Robbie

i can see your point Stiokie,, but I think it's not easy to marry aesthetics with functionality..

Probbaly Andy will look at it again and come up with an happy compromise..

15. phuket

I'm a bit undecided about it :think:

you only have to click the submit button to go back

16. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

yes Andy like you say just looks too busy

17. Ratz4Racing

I've started messing with it but I knew I shouldn't have started today. Actually switched my Internet provider today and engineer was here for an hour earlier meaning that I had no internet connection during that time.

I'll sort it out over the next 24 hours.

I think the problem before was that there were two different table styles whereas now I'm looking at making them the same and I think it looks tidier already.