1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racetype Drilldown

Discussion in 'HRSC Suggestions' started by Ratz4Racing, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

Something came up today and was, coincidentally and independently, emailed to me by an HRSC user regarding certain race types.

I'm talking about those "iffy" races - things like Apprentice, Amateurs, Lady Riders plus also Fillies Only type races.

I think it's important that we're able to filter these in the System Testing Area.

So... as usual, no promises on the timescale but it's something I will endeavour to implement.

Any other race types you can think of, please do post below.

2. Ratz4Racing

I started work on this this morning. It's the kind of thing which sounds easy enough but it is actually a bit of a mission to implement.

When I start to implement it on HRSC, HRSC will almost certainly go completely bonkers. It will likely stop working at all for a period of time.

Presets will also be affected to some extent while I'm implementing it.

I'll be sending out an email when I've gathered the mental strength and the will to proceed. :)

3. Ratz4Racing

Now that the database has been updated to include the relevant info, I've started the actual programming work on this now but I'm not going to be programming the changes "live" - I'm going to try to get it all up and running in my test area before porting it over to the main area which we all use so that disruption is kept to a minimum.

I'll be taking advantage of the time spent doing this to organise the form at the top of the System Testing Area because, due to additions over time, it has become a bit messy and disorganised.

I would like to implement this change in all areas (System Testing, Presets, Dobbing and Universal) and so it's likely to take some time before it is completely ready but I will probably roll it out one area at a time.

4. Ratz4Racing

You should have received an email about this update by now as it has all been implemented and seems to be working well.

If I don't receive any negative feedback on it over the next couple of days, I'll consider this one sorted and close this thread.

phuket likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.