1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On a VERY Serious Note

Discussion in 'HRSC Updates' started by Ratz4Racing, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

How many of you are aware of the new VAT rules that those lovely fuckwits in the EU are foisting upon us in the New Year?

Basically, anyone here in the UK selling digital services (such as HRSC) will now have to register for VAT if they fit into certain criteria.

Our own (UK) VAT laws state that we only have to register for VAT if our turnover is £81,000 or more per annum.

These new laws don't have any such threshold... even if you pull a quid, you're liable.

At first, I didn't think these new VAT laws would apply to HRSC because the majority of users are UK based but it dawned on me that I have one customer living in Italy and several in Ireland (I'm not entirely sure which part) but if I sell HRSC to anyone in an EU Member nation other than the UK, I have to register for VAT.

Frankly... FUCK THAT. It's not going to happen.

If anyone currently using HRSC would kindly Private Message me if they are in an EU member state outside of the UK, I would be interested to know so that I can make a more informed decision as to how to proceed.

2. phuket

phuket Highly Respected Member

Fuckwits :) Best leave sleeping dogs lie - they only know what you tell them.