1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTO...(again)

Discussion in 'HRSC Suggestions' started by Robbie, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Robbie

Robbie Highly Active Member

Andy,
    I know there already is a LTO filter on the HRSC . But an addition I would welcome would be the ability to filter where the horse finished LTO.(1st, 2nd, 8th .....you get the picture... (of course I understand this has nothing to do with the days it last run))

Could this be implemented in any way ?

rt

2. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

It can be implemented and it IS data that is already kept in the database.

No promises on time-scale, though. Taking a bit of a break from HRSC at the moment.

3. Robbie

Thanks Andy.

4. Robbie

Andy any news on when you may be able to include this LTO(position) filter ?

5. Ratz4Racing

Hi Robbie,

Not really. I've given it some thought but that's as far as I've got. I've not forgotten about it, though.

6. Ratz4Racing

Given this some further thought and I think I now have in mind how best to implement it (it's not as straightforward as it sounds because it does require a database query outside of the system being used in order to find that LTO result figure).

As usual, no promises re: timescale but I will have a plonk about with it in the coming few days and see how it behaves.

7. Robbie

Thanks Andy..

8. Ratz4Racing

Haven't forgotten this but it's proving to be a bit of a mare to implement. Just implemented a semi-working version of it but it really slowed the System Testing Area down.

The problem is running a database query on every horse in a system to check for its LTO position. It puts a big demand on the system.

I'm sure there's a better way of doing it but, at the moment, it's eluding me.

EDIT: Actually... it's just occured to me right this second ... a new column in the database for LTO Position... hmm....

9. Robbie

..hmmm.. Hell yeah..!

10. Ratz4Racing

OK Robbie. I've had a bit of a Eureka moment and I'm working on this. Without saying too much at this stage, it's going to work a little differently to how you might have envisaged it but it's the start of a new direction for HRSC.

Well... not a new direction... another direction... another angle... know what I'm sayin'?

No? Me neither. It's in hand though. Trust me, I know what I'm doing!

[​IMG]

phuket likes this.
  11. Robbie

Lovely...I trust your ....madness.!!!!