1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input own odds

Discussion in 'HRSC Suggestions' started by Dr Who, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

One of my current systems places the lays in-running only and wouldn't work with an analysis that's based on the SP. Is there a method I can input my own price data ? Thanks

2. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

Not at the moment but it's a suggestion that keeps cropping up and I did actually make a start on it.

What it needs though is for people to be able to differentiate between when it's a Betfair bet and a Bookie bet because Bookie bets won't have any commission deductions and implementing this in a non-clumsy way provided more of a problem than I'd anticipated so it never got finished.

I do intend to finish it though.

3. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

That would be great. Thanks

4. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

Any news on this as its becoming really urgent now ?

5. Ratz4Racing

I'm afraid it's probably not going to happen Dr Who. Commercially speaking, HRSC has failed to provide me with anywhere close to the return I'd hoped for given the thousands of hours put into its development and so I have to spend my time on those things which do provide it.

The bulk of the money I make from HRSC actually comes from using it. This has always been the case and the many improvements I made to it in the past never really converted to more users and an increase in income.

So whilst I hate to disappoint, I simply cannot justify the cost of the time it would take to implement.

6. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

That's sad but understandable. What would it take to get it done ? In terms of cost ?

7. Ratz4Racing

Thanks. I'm glad you understand.

When you are inputting your own prices are these Betfair prices, bookie prices or a mixture of the two?

8. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

Mainly bookies but sometimes BF. Whatever the case, always early prices

9. Ratz4Racing

OK. I've been wracked with guilt. I've made another start on it. Will update with progress soon. ETA next week though.

10. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

Thx but please don't be wracked with guilt. We're happy to help pay for the addition if necessary

11. Ratz4Racing

Just a quick update on this to say that I HAVE made a start on it and it's coming along slowly but surely.

12. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

Brill...

13. Ratz4Racing

OK. Here's what I've done so far.

The Prices are put in from the Bet Admin for each system. If you go into Bet Admin and select a system, you will see two new columns:-

Price and Betfair?

You can now input your prices and let HRSC know if it was placed with a bookie or Betfair (default is Betfair).

You can then go to the System Test area and select "Own" from the Prices Used checkbox.

At the moment, it is only working for systems not using Summary view only so if you want to see this working, use a system with few selections in it.

That's as far as I've got at the moment but if this is going to suit your needs then I'll continue (it needs rolling out to Presets and the Breakdowns etc which is quite a bit of work).

Also, it is only working for Win markets, not places at the moment.