1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HRSC version to record your own results?

Discussion in 'HRSC Suggestions' started by BrianH, Feb 2, 2014.

1. BrianH

BrianH Highly Respected Member

One of the most important tasks in order to make and maintain a profit in this game is to keep accurate and up to date records of all your bets and results. While HRSC is perfect for keeping records to BFSP, we may not always get our selections on at BFSP, particularly if there are Max and Min odds requirements. It is possible that we might use bookmakers for some selections and stakes may vary or we might choose early prices.
    I am looking for a practical way of keeping accurate records apart from recording all on paper and was wondering if Andy might be interested in designing a bet recording system based on HRSC format. It would not need to record Betfair SP. It would be downloadable for a fixed price and you could create multiple copies of your own to record each systems results. Ideally it would record date, race, horse, odds taken, stake, result, P/L, Bank. It would also need to record place bets. You would input the starting bank and it would do the calcs once you update regularly. Ideally, it would have the capability to accept csv files for uploading selections to speed up systems with quite a few daily selections. It shouldn't need the capability of breaking down into horse gender, age, LTO, courses, etc.

Ideally it could have the facility to generate a graph for the system.

Even better, you could link each system results to show your overall portfolio profit.

I am sure that there would be an interest from other groups also.

Food for thought!

2. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

It sounds very much like HRSC but with all calculation based on prices given by the user. It is something that has come up before.

It can be done but I think the thing that caused me to pause whenever I have thought about implementing it (the basic idea is very easy to do and would take no more than a day or so) is this mix and match of Betfair & Bookie bets. Your Betfair bets will need to have commission deducted whilst your bookie bets wouldn't.

There then comes the issue of what Betfair commission you are on. HRSC uses the standard 5% but I suspect most people are not on that basic level.

There then comes the issue of what happens if your Betfair commission level changes - it can go up as well as down.

So, you see, what starts out as a simple idea suddenly becomes a little bit more complex.

How I would probably do it would be to ask the user for a default stake and a default Betfair commission and this would be applied to all bets until the user changes them - then each bet would have its own stake and Commission deduction applied to it (if it's a bet placed with Betfair, of course).

It's just getting around to it... :)

3. Steve

Steve Admin Does Stuff

4. BrianH

BrianH Highly Respected Member

Hi Steve. Only saw this now but looks a possibility so I'll download later and advise how I get on with it. Many thanks,

Brian