1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going

Discussion in 'HRSC Suggestions' started by Ratz4Racing, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

OK. I'm going to have a bash at incorporating this into HRSC. It keeps cropping up and it probably needs to be done.

However, I'm going to need a bit of guidance as to how best to implement it.

Firstly, at what point should the going be entered into the database? I am thinking that it needs to be on the day itself at perhaps 8am? Please post your thoughts on this.

Secondly, how do I go about categorising Going reports such as this? "Heavy, Soft in places". I am thinking that that is just "Heavy". Please post your thoughts on this.

Please feel free to post any other thoughts on the subject.

2. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

i always go by the RP at about 9am and i agree with your comment Heavy, Soft in places"
    another problem could be if the going changes during racing
    i would see what other members think if its a worthwhile addition first, personally i would rather see it than the days filter but that's just me if the majority are not bothered about a going filter then i suppose you would be wasting your time

3. Ratz4Racing

It's not either/or at this stage. The days filter was done because it was easy to do and it will now stay.

What I could do about going changes (in fact, what I will do) is gather the data in the morning and then again at the end of days racing (as I do with the number of runners in a race) so any changes will be made to the database.

It won't help much if you're making selections based on the going but it will help with historic analysis.

As with the runner situation, I will probably highlight in red on the "Check Your Presets" page when you have selected "going" as a parameter in order to point out that it is subject to change (and there lies yet another reason why this isn't such a straightforward thing to implement - but it can all be done).

Thanks for the feedback.

4. phuket

phuket Highly Respected Member

Going info would be a useful addition, although I have no systems based on the going at the moment.
    in the past I used to study the soft ground performers :)
    might be useful to check which trainers specialize in the extremes Firm -- Heavy

5. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

Although I don't and never have used going, because I think that data has already been factored in to the data I use, I think it would be a great addition as its such an important element to those who use form in their analysis. But I wouldn't be surprised to find that it throws up some interesting results with my systems too.

6. Ratz4Racing

Must admit that I'm mostly interested in getting the Going in there as I'd like to apply it to the ratings in some fashion.

Work is coming along on it anyway and I'm about 1/3rd of the way through inputting the data.

7. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

i wasn't implying that Andy it was just my peference over the two thinking to me it would be more useful

looking forward to when you have completed it and many thanks for doing so

8. Ratz4Racing

OK. The data is now all in and I'm going to start implementing it on HRSC today.

I'm going to do this "live" so if you're using HRSC today, you might find it goes a bit wonky.

One slight problem I have is where to put the bugger! The Interface at the top of the System Testing Area is looking a bit crowded at the moment. :confused:

9. Ratz4Racing

This is now pretty much working in the Back System Testing Area (Breakdowns from there are also working).

Still to implement it on the Preset Area but that is the next thing I'll do after I have implemented it in the Lay System Testing Area.

10. Ratz4Racing

This has now been implemented in the following areas:-

System Testing Area both Back and Lay Bets.

Presets in both areas work.

The Breakdown Areas for both System Testing and Preset Areas should also be working.

The Check Your Preset Area also now takes your going filters into account but semi-ignores them as with the number of runners. If you have made the going a part of your preset then it will show the last recorded going in red next to each selection but will not exclude any selections purely on the basis of the Going because, as with the number of runners, the Going is one of those things which is liable to change.

At the moment, the Going is gathered at around 7:30pm each evening for tomorrow's cards. It is gathered again at 10am and then all Going reports are updated at 10pm to show how things actually ended up.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  11. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

excellent work Andy

Ratz4Racing likes this.
  12. Ratz4Racing

Cheers Stokie.

13. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

will check all my methods over due course regarding the going, just for interest have checked what effect Heavy going would have on my two best methods at the moment

method 1 overall
    bets 154-48 s/r 31.17 profit 101.37 roi 65.82

method 1 heavy going
    bets 34-11 s/r 32.3 profit 28.66 roi 84.3

in fact any going is showing a profit

method 2
    bets 156-45 s/r 28.85 profit 94.26 roi 60.42

method 2 heavy going
    bets 29-10 s/r 34.5 profit 19.02 roi 65.58

again any going is showing a profit

not a lot of data but at the moment the old saying never back on heavy going aint holding up a quick look at the other new addittion on HRSC the days
    method 1 is not profitable on a Tuesday
    method 2 is not profitable on a Monday & Wednesday

all good stuff many thanks again Andy on a great product

14. Ratz4Racing

Going to start work on the Universal Area now. Expect it to go a bit wonky for a while...

EDIT: Universal Area has now been completed.

EDIT: Going and Days in Public Area completed.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  15. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

For what its worth the ROI for my current algo is almost the same for all goings. Around 1000 bets worth, so not a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.