1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fav filters

Discussion in 'HRSC Suggestions' started by white hart, Dec 8, 2013.

1. white hart

white hart Member

A filter i think would help people is to define if the selections end up or are fav-jf,2nd fav-jt 2nd fav,others.

phuket likes this.
  2. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

[​IMG]

Must admit, that one would be useful.

I've often wanted to know if any of my selections have appeared at the bottom of the market but it's the same principle.

If it were done then it would have to be done using BSPs (so there would be very few instances of joint and co-favs).

3. white hart

white hart Member

that would be fine Ratz people could still define fav 2f others.
    looking at your pile hope you havnt got to much planned for xmas lol
    thanks it can throw up some very good strike rates ;)

4. Ratz4Racing

I have a few things I'm working on right now but hope to have them finished within the next week or two then I have a restful Christmas planned. No further work will be done on HRSC until the New Year.

5. white hart

white hart Member

dont blame you
    just thinking out loud would it be poss to have another column like dslr age with just f 2f nf

6. Ratz4Racing

Yeah. What I'll probably do is make a new column called PIB or something (Place in the Betting).

What I'd need to do is this: as the BSPs are gathered and entered into the database, they would be sorted into an order with each given a value to reflect this order. However, if two or more did happen to share the same price then the one behind them would need to be ordered slightly differently which requires a bit of working out.

Then, these values could be displayed as something like 1/14, 5/8, 16/16 to show that the horse was 1st of 14 in the betting, 5th of 8 in the betting and 16th of 16 in the betting etc.

7. white hart

white hart Member

sounds great,
    thanks

8. Ratz4Racing

Been thinking about this for the last day or so... it actually opens up a bit of a can of worms...

Personally, I would like this to be able to tell me if a horse was fav, 2nd fav or 3rd fav. After that, it all becomes a bit meaningless until you come to the "outsider" (i.e. the last in the betting).

Sometimes, some of my weirder systems pick the outsider in the betting and it would be interesting to know how often, if ever, those actually won.

Extending this further, you might want to filter your systems by "horses which appeared in the top half of the betting/bottom half of the betting".

It's a bit like finishing positions. On paper, a horse that finishes third might appear to have done better than a horse which finished 4th but when you realise that the third placed horse finshed third by 50 lengths in a 3 horse race, it isn't quite as impressive as the horse who placed 4th in a 30 runner race.

Knowing that a horse was 3rd in the betting isn't really all that useful if there were only a handful of horses in the race.

Suspect something along the lines of "top half", "top third" or whatever would be more useful.

A simple-sounding suggestion suddenly takes on an ugly turn as the number-crunching implications start to wink their evil little eyes at me. :think:

EDIT: Ignore this, just thinking aloud with a note for myself:-

First | Last | Top Half | Bottom Half | Top Third | Middle Third | Bottom Third