1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Days of the week

Discussion in 'HRSC Suggestions' started by Dr Who, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

Almost every algorithm I've made for Betfair since 2003 has shown a bias for certain days of the week. It must be something to do with the data I'm using (without giving too much away) and it would be a nice addition to HRSC if you could fit in somewhere a menu where the return for the seven Days of the Week are shown, as you've done for Trainers etc.

I think those who haven't looked at their data in this way may find some surprises.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

Are you asking me to give something away? :)

Must admit, I've often wondered about this myself. There's a huge difference in the quality of racing between, say, Tuesday and Saturday.

I'll look into it. It's the kind of thing which will either take ten minutes or ten days. If it's the latter then it will probably become "never".

3. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

Sure, just do it if its easy. Thanks

4. Ratz4Racing

There is a difference between "easy" and "quick". ;)

5. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

Indeed.

6. Ratz4Racing

I'll get this done. It won't be too difficult... or take too long. Must admit that I'm intrigued to see what it might throw up myself.

Leave it with me.

7. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

Magic. Thanks a lot. For what its worth, Sunday has always been my worst day with every algo I've designed. Not because there's often less racing but its the nature of the markets. Saturday, sadly, has often been rubbish too. All my algos have worked best mid-week which I find interesting. Not certain about my latest ones which is why I asked.

8. Ratz4Racing

Made a start on this. You should now be able to see it for your Back bets in the System Testing Area.

The Breakdown link also seems to be working.

Presets might be affected at the moment - will take a look at them tomorrow.

EDIT: Just done a bit more on it. Presets seem to be working ok although you will find that previously saved presets show all days as deselected. This is simply because there's nothing there to tell the preset to do otherwise.

Will sort out lay systems tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  9. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

personally i would have preferred a going filter would have thought that might be more useful but all the same nice one Andy

10. Kino

Kino Highly Active Member

For what it's worth, importing the data into a spreadsheet would allow formatting the date column to show the day of the week.

11. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

For what it's worth, importing the data into a spreadsheet would allow formatting the date column to show the day of the week.

Sure, I think that probably goes for all the filters but its the ability of HRSC doing within the same place that makes it so attractive.

However, I'm not certain its working 100%. My current algorithm shows a P/L of 199 ish after loading the preset. When I load the preset all the days are unchecked and when I check them all, the P/L drops to 175. Of course there may be one day of the week I'm missing :)

Interestingly however when I look at the breakdown, this current algo is also unprofitable on Sundays, just like all my others. Really handy to know, so thanks for getting this up and running so quickly. I hope its not been too much bother as I realise there are others who also have made requests. And I agree with Stokie that the going filter would be really useful.

12. Ratz4Racing

OK. Thanks for reporting that. I'll take a look into what's happening. I presume some bets are going missing?

If that's the case then it would be really helpful if you could find a couple that have gone missing and let me know on here (probably the easiest way is to check the Monthly Breakdowns and see which months don't tally and then start narrowing down the Date To and Date From parts for a month which shows a discrepancy until you see where the problem lies.

If you can let me know this, it will save me a lot of time and enable me to get straight into solving the problem instead of spending time trying to replicate the problem first.

13. Dr Who

Dr Who Active Member

I'm now not certain if its to do with the days of the week. When I first load my system into the test area the default is 100% of the logged races (or should be). I click my preset and this filters some selections out. I get a new monthly breakdown. My current algo has been going 5 months and I note the monthly figures. If I then change the finish date to 31 Dec 2013 and click submit all the monthly figures change. Which shouldn't happen. Should it ?

14. Ratz4Racing

Back-handed compliments also welcome. :)

Three things:

1) I know that you have mentioned this before and this is the second time you've mentioned it but you keep bringing it up in a thread about a completely different suggestion. I have asked that all suggestions are made in a separate thread so that this doesn't descend into some messy free-for-all section of the forum where we're talking about umpteen different suggestions in the same thread.

Doing it this way allows me to tackle each suggestion one at a time and then mark the threads as "closed" when a suggestion has been implemented satisfactorily.

2) I have now been working on HRSC for almost two years. From the very basic little program I was using to record people's bets on another forum to what it is today is the result of all that time and effort and, if I say so myself, it has come a long way since then.

However, I did say recently that there would be no more upgrades for the time being.

What I am finding is that there is always something "extra" that can be added and each upgrade seems to give rise to another five upgrades of the upgrade and then there are all the various sections of HRSC which also need to upgraded to include the upgrade and it has become an almost all-consuming job for me.

All these upgrades have been given to you all freely but at the expense of my own time. Significant chunks of my own time, in fact. Time that I could spend on other projects, with my family or just relaxing in front of the telly like most normal people rather than sat here until the early hours trying to get something to work.

At some stage, I have to say, "Enough" and that moment has arrived.

3) A Going filter may well be useful and I would like to implement it but it's one of those things that I know will take me days to implement (probably a full week to implement it across the whole of HRSC). So, when you're asking for a filter, it might sound like a smallish thing but please do be aware that it comes at a cost to me and if I'm the one bearing the cost then I'm going to do it when the cost will be felt the least.

/rant

15. Ratz4Racing

Hmmm.... that certainly sounds a bit wrong. Can you tell me which system you're looking at? I can take a look at it directly and may be able to see what's happening from there.

16. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

17. Ratz4Racing

No. I'm sorry, Stokie. I'm a bit of a grumpy bugger this morning. :(

Moving on, the Days have now been implemented for the Lay System Testing Areas and the Universal Areas.

18. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

no problem you want to wake up every morning to the dragon[wife] that would make you bloody grumpy
    dragon-images-by-unknown-224.jpg

Ratz4Racing likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.