1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes to the Public System Area

Discussion in 'HRSC Updates' started by Ratz4Racing, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

As mentioned in another thread, I'm currently working on some major changes to how "Public" systems work within HRSC.

I expect these to be completed within the next few days.

Basically, the current Public System facility allows you to view and mess around with the configuration area but not much more.

The new version will allow HRSC Members to "Adopt" systems created by other HRSC Members.

When you Adopt a System, you will be able to use the Breakdown areas and Save your own Presets for the System in question. It will work very much like it is your own System but obviously you won't have the ability to Add/Delete/Modify selections - that control will always remain with the System Originator/Creator.

Non HRSC Members will no longer be able to use the Configuration Area - they will just be shown the complete results output.

I am hoping that this will encourage more collaboration between HRSC Members in order to establish the most profitable angles for all systems.

An email will be sent to all HRSC Members when it is completed and I'll add a post here.

BrianH likes this.
  2. Ratz4Racing

OK. This has now been completed for BACK SYSTEMS ONLY.

It's taken me a little longer to implement than I'd anticipated because I sometimes forget just how complex the "behind-the-scenes" stuff is on HSRC these days!

To "Adopt" a System, simply go to the Public URL given by the person running the System and you'll see a Red Button which says "Adopt This System".

Click that and you should find that the System appears on the Main System Testing Area page (below your own Systems) and over on the left menu whilst in the System Testing Area.

As always, please do let me know if you encounter any problems. This update was quite complicated and I'd be quite surprised if a few gremlins hadn't crept in somewhere along the way.

phuket likes this.
  3. Stokie

Stokie Super Poster

i think this is a great idea nice one Andy

4. Ratz4Racing

Cheers Stokie. Wish I'd done it sooner really but so much to do, so little time! :)

5. phuket

phuket Highly Respected Member

I would like to run my Adoptions through the Dobbing Machine

Would that be possible ? :D

6. Ratz4Racing

Feck off. :D:finger: :D

7. phuket

Just a thought :(:)

8. Ratz4Racing

I thought you were taking the Mickey! :)

I can't see it happening, Phuket.

9. phuket

No problem

on the face of it - looks to be just a simple job

but not being a Geek ( I wish ) I have no idea of the work involved.