1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Minor Update

Discussion in 'HRSC Updates' started by Ratz4Racing, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Ratz4Racing

Ratz4Racing Cheeky Monkey Does Stuff

If you look at your systems in the System Testing Area now you will notice another figure next to those horses which lost.

This is the position they finished in the race in question.

This was suggested to me by an HRSC user recently so I've implemented it.

At the moment, it simply displays any horse that finished 10th or above as "0" and this includes horses that fell, pulled up etc. I appreciate that this probably isn't entirely acceptable but to put in the F, PU etc might slow the whole page down even more so I'm leaving it as that for now although I'll check it out at a later date.

I've implemented it in the Presets Area but you won't see it in your saved presets because the database query doesn't include it. In order to view it, you would need to re-save the Preset. This should work.

2. Ratz4Racing

Update: This isn't working at all in Preset at the moment and it may even have broken the Preset Area. Please do not save an Presets until further notice. I'm working on it.

3. Ratz4Racing

OK. Please proceed with caution with saving Presets. I think it's sorted but please do report any problems asap.

4. Robbie

Robbie Highly Active Member

... could this lead to having a "Last Time Out Finish" Filter , that I suggested some time ago? ( You told me it would take a while before you could have a look at implenting this)

5. Ratz4Racing

Hi Robbie,

Not really I'm afraid.

You see, all it is doing at the moment is the following:-

You select the system in the Testing Area and it pulls the selections from the database that relate to that system in time,date order. The horse finishing positions are already there so it was no big deal to have the program include those into the System Testing Area output.

To have the program check to see if a selection finished (say) 1st in its last race would require a check OUTSIDE the system selections (because you might not have backed the horse in this system the last time it ran).

This would require an additional database query and whilst I could implement it fairly easily, it would slow the System Testing Area down to unacceptable levels and put enormous pressure on the database as you'd have to run a check for every horse within your system.

Maybe not such a big deal for systems with a hundred or so selections but for a system with thousands of selections...

No. There's a better, more efficient way; I just haven't got the time to implement it as it would require changes to the database structure.